Reflections are inevitable on a day like today, both December 31st and wintry weather, so here goes. Here are some reflections on the Year of Our Lord 2009.
- God is awesome.
- I'm so blessed. God's got my back even when I don't believe it.
- I love my church, the building and the congregation.
- I'm in my second year of Lay Ministry!! In May, I'll be receiving my certificate!
- God is still a God of miracles.
- I sang with an orchestra as a soloist this Christmas. See? MIRACLE.
- I found a recipe for a breakfast shake that is an answer to prayer. It actually gets me out of bed in the morning! Yep, Dad, that's right. I get out of bed early so I can make this shake. See? MIRACLE.
- Six years ago, I packed up my life and continued the transition out to North Carolina. I packed my life into boxes, and I took a chance at a new life. Since then, I've been blessed more than I could've imagined. My friends are tried-and-true, and I have a love network that leaves me in awe.
- What a blast 2010 is going to be!!!
The above may seem over-the-top, but it's the truth. I've had the pleasure of spending quality time with my family in May, June, September, October, and November. I've sung in church more than I could've dreamed, and I'm earning money doing it!! I love where I live, and while I don't know where God will take me, I love where I am right now. For a woman who has been chasing her tail for years, I'm thinking this is a miracle! I'm learning to take it easier without becoming slothful or complacent. In fact, I'm so inspired by this year's events, that I'm back on track. I'm developing a 5-year plan for the first time in years. More on that as it develops.
So I wish all of you contentment, beauty, and light, and I hope your heart's desires manifest in their perfect time.
Have a happy and safe New Year's celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment